Why Join AMED?
Following our AGM on 4th April 2019 it was agreed to adopt two forms of Membership: Associate Members, by voluntary contribution and Full Members, by £60 annual subscription. We will continue to offer a concessionary rate so that Students/Researchers can benefit from full AMED Membership privileges at a discounted rate of £20 a year.
Associate Membership - By voluntary contribution
Joining the AMED Community puts you in touch with a trusted, lively, creative and innovative network, which has connections with other like-minded, overlapping networks. A community that has been at the forefront of organisation and people development for over 40 years.
- Create an online profile to connect with AMED members and tell them about yourself.
- Follow us on Twitter, and join the AMED LinkedIn Group.
- Participate in blogs and forums covering a variety of topics including organisational development. Keep in touch with developments.
- Publicise your events and training dates in the Events page - if you are giving Full Members (i.e. people who have paid their annual AMED subscription) at least a 10% discount.
Full Membership - Subscription Based
A key aim for AMED as a charity and voluntary organisation, is giving something fresh and important back to the wider community. Joining as a full member shows your commitment to developing people, developing organisations. Your support keeps the community running, but also earns you the following:
- Full membership gives you access to the lively and engaging e-O&P (Organisations & People) journal in pdf format, either the whole journal or individual articles featuring case studies, interviews, articles, reviews and editorial. The choice is yours.
- Each edition invites you to interact with the authors and fellow readers through the website to discuss that edition. As a full member you can start such discussions too.
- You will also be able to dig into the archives and for a minimal outlay, get e-copies of some amazing materials.
- Keep your professional development up to speed with access to interesting and topical events and presentations
- Every event posted on the website gives Full Members a significant discount. So you qualify for discounts on amazing events – saving you money as you access prime networking meetings and development workshops
- You can join a regional/local/Special Interest group somewhere near you, and you can join the virtual groups too. Connect with people from diverse professional backgrounds, where you can discuss issues with like-minded professionals or simply network.
- List your business website under 'Members' on the website for extra visibility, and make full use of our social networking connections.
- As a Full Members you are encouraged to enhance your CV and your professional experience by volunteering; you could offer to become a Guest Editor or Critical Friend for e-O&P, to facilitate events on behalf of AMED, to start up or coordinate a Special Interest Group/ Virtual Group or become a Member of AMED Council - leading the profession.
- Get a great deal on relevant Professional Indemnity Insurance. Howdens Professionals offer a competitive and flexible service with a discount for full AMED Members. Click here for full details or contact them direct on 01924 241 945.
- A 20% discount off Triarchy Press the entire web-based catalogue (which is already discounted!) at http://www.triarchypress.net (you'll need a discount code - ask Linda)
- And you can use an html badge code to show the AMED logo on your own website.
- You receive advance notice of the Annual Collaborative Writing Workshop which takes place every May. On a first come, first served basis, this gives you an opportunity to interact creatively with members of other networks, such as ODiN, Humanistic Management UK Chapter, IFAL, the Change Alliance, and many others.