Anyone involved in their local Transition Town?

It strikes me that this is a very 'AMED' kind of approach to catalysing emergent change, if you look at the website / materials.

http://www.transitiontowns.org/

I'd be really interested to see what AMED members and friends think of this, and if there's any experience to share?

Excitedly,

Penny

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Penny

I do some (small scale) consultancy work for a group called The Environmental Network for Pembrokeshire (www.tenp.org.uk) and have some members from Transition Towns/initiaitives in the county.

A very good friend of mine chairs the New Forest Transition initiative and they are really forging ahead - if you wanted any info please email me on marc@mordey1.freeserve.co.uk and I will forward you contact details plus some very interesting articles I have on transition

best wishes

Marc
Hi Marc

Nice to hear from you. Maybe you've seen this great paper from Steve Smith (a facilitator who I've worked with from time to time) describing his experiences using a particular workshop technique to work with a TT group (and others)?

http://www.mastt.org.uk/node/87

I think it's a really nice paper.

I'm not surprised to find lots of cross-over between facilitators / organisational developers and TT, as there's a kindred attitude at work - drawing on the power of collective conversations to face up to hard challenges, say the unsayable, and work together into the emerging future.

Kind regards

Penny
This just popped into my in-tray - using a Transition kind of approach in an organisational setting (albeit an organisation which has a clear geographical location and a residential as well as a 'work' aspect).

I'd love to understand more how a TT approach would translate to organisations.

www.transitionedinburghuni.org.uk/node/70. Edinburgh University is employing action research staff to take forward a carbon reduction project

"Action Research Support Staff: Six posts at £24,877 - £28,839

Transition Edinburgh University - a Scottish Government Climate Challenge Fund project supported by People & Planet and the University of Edinburgh - seeks six Action Research Support Staff to develop and deliver a 'Campus Community Carbon Crash' programme to cut personal / lifestyle emissions of 37,000 students and staff at the University of Edinburgh by 10% in 2010"

Anyone else got organisational TT experience or thoughts to share?

Penny
Dear Penny

sorry - have just realised that I'd told you all (or most ) of this in previous correspondence - I am hopeless at checking things on these websites, whoops! - anyway now seem to be able to access all this and thanks for Steve's paper, looks good.

Best wishes

Marc

Penny Walker said:
Hi Marc

Nice to hear from you. Maybe you've seen this great paper from Steve Smith (a facilitator who I've worked with from time to time) describing his experiences using a particular workshop technique to work with a TT group (and others)?

http://www.mastt.org.uk/node/87

I think it's a really nice paper.

I'm not surprised to find lots of cross-over between facilitators / organisational developers and TT, as there's a kindred attitude at work - drawing on the power of collective conversations to face up to hard challenges, say the unsayable, and work together into the emerging future.

Kind regards

Penny

RSS

Latest Activity

Jonathan Elliott posted events
Aug 13
Bob MacKenzie left a comment for Peter Welch
Aug 9
Peter Welch is now a member of The AMED Network
Aug 8
Bob MacKenzie left a comment for William
Aug 7

O&P News

O&P back issues now for sale. 

We have a rich library of O&P issues and individual articles in electronic format going back to 1994, just waiting for you. Copy of order form for back issues of e-O&P in MS Word format.

Make sure you can reach the Full AMED Members' page or the O&P Subscribers' page to download the latest edition.

Not yet a member or subscriber?
Click here for synopses of recent editions.

© 2019   Created by AMED Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service