4 MARCH 2021
Deadline for proposals: 31 January 2021
Dr Alison Whybrow has shared this invitation to this free event
Following the resounding success of our previous two 24-hour conversations, our third global conversation is set to be even bigger and better. We’d love you to get involved!
We are inviting you (yes, that means you) to host a session wherever you are in the world. This time we are creating a scaffold and asking our members around the world to bring their piece of the puzzle to plug into that. The event page is here – although at the moment it is just an invite to create a session.
I think there will be at least one or two sessions on social justice and climate change. It’s all free, so please do feel free to join in anything that seems of interest.
We would love sessions that embed living systems principles:
- Go with your energy, what are you drawn to do?
- Co-led, even better if they involve partnerships across borders. Who might you invite to co-lead an session with you
- Open and free – so that anyone can join.
We would also love to see sessions that:
- Give space for dialogue and discussion enabling processing and sensemaking. We have found this aspect critical to enable movement through awareness into engagement and action.
- Have a practical output that clarifies a pathway for coaches to take action. This could be a way they can shift themselves and their own awareness, working on their ‘being’. It might be a way coaches can bring climate and the ecological emergency into their practice, working on their ‘doing’, making a bigger impact in their community, profession or more.
- Integrate nature.
- Integrate other stakeholders of this work in some way (eg community, local government, business, future generations, youth, non-human participants, indigenous elders).
- Explore the depth of our cultural assumptions and human created systems that may be considered the root cause of the symptoms we refer to as climate change.
- Increase our capacity as coaches and leaders to enable ourselves and others to reconnect, grasp our crises and lean into the necessary system changes.
We want to create movement.
Contact: If you would like to discuss an idea that you’re thinking about, please email MarchEvent@climatecoachingalliance.org.