Time: January 27, 2015 from 10am to 4pm
Location: TCPA , SW1Y 5AS
Street: 17 Carlton House Terrace
Website or Map: http://www.talkaction.org/tra…
Event Type: training, course
Organized By: Bertil Grunberg
Latest Activity: Dec 2, 2014
This course makes recruitment, management and, most importantly, engagement of volunteers easy. It encourages you to look closely at the motivations of volunteers and the organisations that use them. The day draws on contemporary approaches including co-production and the use of non-hierarchical teams to help you and your volunteers get the most from the relationship.
• Why people get involved in volunteering and understanding their motivations is so important
• To create a range of roles for volunteers (including remote roles) and publicise them effectively
• Practical ways of keeping people involved: inductions, support and appraisals
• How to use digital and online volunteering – plus online channels of support for you
• Voluntary involvement employment law
• Concepts of co-production and the benefits of working with volunteer partners in non-hierarchical structures
The day includes plenty of group work, exercises and discussion – you definitely won’t be staring at power point all day. You’ll also be given lots of opportunities to discuss your own experiences and develop personal strategies to aid your work.
Who should attend this course?
Any organisation involved in voluntary work or volunteer-led group looking to engage others or support each other better. Whether you are conducting a borough-wide consultation, national volunteer programme, involving an intern or rejuvenating the membership of your local residents association, you will benefit from this day.
£425: Large Businesses/Corporates
£328: Large charities & public sector
£180: Smaller charities (under 15 staff) and individuals.
Concessionary rates are available for students, pensioners and the unemployed. Please contact us at for further details
**10% OFF for AMED MEMBERS**.
Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Prices include a hot Mediterranean buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time.
Add a Comment