You will learn core media processes to help you with communication skills, campaigning and community outreach publications.
Participants will learn how to prepare and package media stories and examine any issues that might arise. You will learn how to communicate your story in a way that sets the media agenda, positively promotes your organization and improves public relations using national, local, specialist & social media to gain public support for your cause.
During the day you will look at how to make the media work for you and study the way the media and journalism can increase the success of a campaign.
The training day includes:
• What makes a story; when and where to place stories
• Knowing your audience
• Accessing, influencing and inspiring different demographics
• Messaging methods to feel confident in constructing media stories
• Media processes as you develop and ‘sell’ your story
• Writing skills (press releases, comment pieces, newsletters, publicity & letters to the editors)
• Social Media & digital media as a messaging and campaigning tool
• Dealing with negative media (crisis management)
• Feeling confident in developing and evaluating a media strategy
Who should attend?
The course is designed for people working at local, national or international level. The programme will help local government, not-for-profit, NGOs, Social Enterprises, NHS staff or a business looking to maximise the impact of their media activity. Whether you’re an experienced media officer looking for new ways to work or you’re looking to start a new media campaign, this day will give you the support you need.
£415: Corporates & Large Businesses
£318: Large Charities, Small Businesses & Public Sector
£170: Smaller Charities (under 15 staff) and Individuals
10% Off for AMED Members
Bespoke/Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Concessionary rates are available for students, pensioners and the unemployed. Please email@example.com for further details.
Prices include a hot Mediterranean buffet lunch & Fair Trade refreshments.
For bookings and information please contact Bertil on:
Tel: 0207 324 4775
Add a Comment