Date: July 15th, 2011
Location: TCPA, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AS
95% of participants on the last course thought the quality of training to be ‘Excellent’.
“I’d recommend this course to anyone wishing to engage people on climate change.”
Simon Mills (City of London)
"Very Informative, thought provoking and valuable event."
Cameron Adams (The Environment Agency)
“A really useful source of hints and tips for communicating to diverse audiences with confidence.”
David Walton (Suffolk Climate Partnership)
“Very enjoyable with a good mixture of information and practical discussion and participation.”
Lisa Green (National Trust)
Climate change will affect everyone and everywhere. The challenge will require action by everyone, everywhere. So we need the skills to be able to communicate climate change as confidently and appropriately as possible.
You do not need to be an expert or a scientist: you do need to be good at talking, presenting and listening.
Work will be done in small groups to build your confidence and ensure the course meets your needs.
This popular course is regularly updated to take in developing issues and concerns. It recognises the need to communicate positive futures as well as significant problems.
The training session will provide:
1. Why good communication of climate change is so important and what ‘good’ communication means
in a climate context.
2. Ways to answer the difficult questions around current climate change issues and data.
3. Learn about target audiences, key drivers and current segmentation methodology.
4. Communicating with people in different situations: persuading colleagues – lobbying situations – talking to friends – working with business – addressing a large audience.
5. Engaging and communicating with diverse organisations.
6. Practice delivering persuasive messages and
a chance to receive feedback.
Who should attend the training:
This course is for anyone who is keen to get people active on climate change. Whether you are a local authority, charity or business advocating action on climate change, or an individual talking to your peers, this course will teach you the core skills to effectively get your message across.
£288: Large charities, public sector and businesses
£130: Smaller charities (under 8 staff) and independent consultants
Concessionary places are available for students, pensioners and unemployed. Please contact David Sharman at email@example.com.
Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Prices include a hot buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time.
For bookings and information:
David Sharman at Talk Action
Tel: 0207 324 4774
Add a Comment