Why Join AMED?
Community Membership - Open Access
Joining the AMED Community puts you in touch with a trusted, lively, creative and innovative network, which has connections with other like-minded, overlapping networks. A community that has been at the forefront of organisation and people development for over 40 years.
- Create an online profile to connect with AMED members and tell them about yourself.
- Follow us on Twitter, and join the AMED LinkedIn Group.
- Participate in blogs and forums covering a variety of topics including organisational development. Keep in touch with developments.
- Publicise your events and training dates in the Events page - if you are giving Full Members (i.e. people who have paid their annual AMED subscription) at least a 10% discount.
Full Membership - Subscription Based
A key aim for AMED as a charity and voluntary organisation, is giving something fresh and important back to the wider community. Joining as a full member shows your commitment to developing people, developing organisations. Your support keeps the community running, but also earns you the following:
- Full membership gives you access to the lively and engaging e-O&P (Organisations & People) journal in pdf format, either the whole journal or individual articles featuring case studies, interviews, articles, reviews and editorial. The choice is yours.
- Each edition invites you to interact with the authors and fellow readers through the website to discuss that edition. As a full member you can start such discussions too.
- You will also be able to dig into the archives and for a minimal outlay, get e-copies of some amazing materials.
- Keep your professional development up to speed with access to interesting and topical events and presentations
- Every event posted on the website gives Full Members a significant discount. So you qualify for discounts on amazing events – saving you money as you access prime networking meetings and development workshops
- You can join a regional/local/Special Interest group somewhere near you, and you can join the virtual groups too. Connect with people from diverse professional backgrounds, where you can discuss issues with like-minded professionals or simply network.
- List your business website under 'Members' on the website for extra visibility, and make full use of our social networking connections.
- As a Full Members you are encouraged to enhance your CV and your professional experience by volunteering; you could offer to become a Guest Editor or Critical Friend for e-O&P, to facilitate events on behalf of AMED, to start up or coordinate a Special Interest Group/ Virtual Group or become a Member of AMED Council - leading the profession.
- Get a great deal on relevant Professional Indemnity Insurance. Howdens Professionals offer a competitive and flexible service with a discount for full AMED Members. Click here for full details or contact them direct on 01924 241 945.
- A 15% discount off Skillfair Membership
- A 20% discount off Triarchy Press the entire web-based catalogue (which is already discounted!) at http://www.triarchypress.net (you'll need a discount code - ask Linda)
- And you can use an html badge code to show the AMED logo on your own website.
- You receive advance notice of the Annual Collaborative Writing Workshop which takes place in Brighton every May, to coincide with the Brighton Festival. On a first come, first served basis, this gives you an opportunity to interact creatively with members of other networks, such as ODiN, the Change Alliance, and many others.
- Full Membership is £70 per year, Students/Researchers and Overseas Membership is £20 per year.