This course makes recruitment, management and, most importantly, engagement of volunteers easy. It encourages you to look closely at the motivations of volunteers and the organisations that use them, and draws on contemporary approaches including co-production and the use of non-hierarchical teams.
• Why people get involved in volunteering and why understanding motivations is so important
• Creating roles for volunteers
• Recruitment & Publicity
• How to share examples of what works well and why
• Keeping people involved: inductions, support and appraisals
• Volunteering and the Law
• Concepts of co-production and working with volunteer partners in non-hierarchical structures
The day includes plenty of group work, exercises and discussion – you definitely won’t be staring at power point all day. You’ll also be given lots of opportunities to discuss your own experiences and develop personal strategies to aid your work.
As a participant you will come away with:
• Practical ideas for recruiting, inducting, engaging with and supporting volunteers better in your organisation or group – the beginnings of an action plan.
• Activities that you can use back in your organisation with volunteers or other staff or trustees as part of your volunteer management strategy
• Examples of tools to help you with volunteer management, and a signpost for where to go for more information
• A group of peers tackling similar issues for you to keep in touch with and share information and experiences with as you take your action plans forwards
• An action plan for improving or embarking on volunteer management
Who should attend this course?
Any organisation involved in voluntary work or volunteer-led group looking to engage others or support each other better. Whether you are conducting a borough-wide consultation, national volunteer programme, involving an intern or rejuvenating the membership of your local residents association, you will benefit from this day.
£425: Large Business/Corporate
£368: Large charities, public sector and businesses
£225: Smaller charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded individuals.
Tailored/bespoke courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Concessionary rates are available for students, pensioners and the unemployed.
Prices include a hot buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time.
To book a place:
Add a Comment